Friday, April 2, 2010

The Seder Message: Passover Greetings!

With regards to each and everyone for a meaningful Pesach, let me draw attention to one verse without which no knowledge of the Exodus story can do without.

And Moshe said to G-d, Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and that I should take the Children of Israel out of Egypt?
For I shall be with you, G-d replied, and this will be the sign that I have sent you: when you take the people out of Egypt, you will serve G-d on this very mountain.

Exodus 3:11-12.

Moshe and G-d have a conversation that Esther and Mordechai echo thousands of years later. Hopefully it is a conversation, a message, that still echoes in our own consciousness. For decisive action comes when man acts in partnership with G-d, within the fabric of divine service outlined in the Torah we received at Sinai centuries ago.

With all the details in the Exodus story, it is critical to remember the macro lessons, the basic ideas with which the Seder has the potential to empower and inspire our faith and people for the year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment